Re: new fields in debian/control

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Chris Lawrence wrote:

> As the reportbug maintainer, let me make a few suggestions:
>
> - A debbugs BTS has more than one submission address (maintonly,
> submit, quiet).  Perhaps the URL should be a pseudo-URL, like
> mailto:%s@bugs.debian.org.

That doesn't strike me as very elegant at all, more like a hack to make
the two field thing workable.

> - Debbugs BTSes should also specify a URL root for looking up bugs.
> For example, Debian's is at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/, with various
> appendages for bug numbers and packages.  (Incidentally, using this
> interface is not the same as http://bugs.debian.org/{package|number})

Actually, http://bugs.debian.org == http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

The bugs.debian.org/{package|number} should now be the same as entering
the bug number/package name into the search form. It used to be that the
search form used the new CGIs and the redirect used the static pages, but
they both use the same thing now.

> - For "well known" origins, the bug submission fields should be
> omitted.  "Origin: Debian" implies the Debian Project's BTS.

This is a good idea.

Jason