Re: new fields in debian/control

Hi Torsten!

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 01:32:26PM -0400, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > * Submit-Bugs-To
> >   An mailto URL to which bugs should be submitted. (It's a URL so
> >   we can support other types of BTSes at a later date if needed)
> > * Submit-Bugs-Style
> >   Style in which submitted bugreports should be formatted. Currently
> >   the only option here is `debbugs'.
>
> That does not make sense to me. I think the program that reports bugs
> against a package should know from the Origin how to do that so if we
> change to another BTS we would only need to change that program.

They do make sense. Imagine:

Origin: local
Submit-Bugs-To: mailto:admins@localdomain.example.org
Submit-Bugs-Style: email     (i.e. there is no BTS system there,
                              simply send email - could be treated as
			      debbugs though)

Given, Submit-Bugs-Style and Submit-Bugs-To could be merged.

					yours,
					peter

--
PGP encrypted messages preferred.