Re: help: shlibs problem

On Friday 22 December 2000 20:11, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi Mariusz,

Hi,

> I recently ran into this problem myself.  Looking at the source to
> dpkg-shlibdeps, this appears to be a bug: what happens is that
> dpkg-shlibdeps uses ldd to find all the libraries that your binary 'qub' is
> linked against. Since it depends on libfunUtil, this library will show up
> in the list, and when ldd searches the *system* path, it of course won't be
> able to find libfunUtil, because it's in the package your currently
> building that hasn't been installed yet.  dpkg-shlibdeps should look at
> shlibs.local for libraries that it can't find on the system, but it does
> not do this.

Yes, it looks like a bug in dpkg-shlibdeps. In the Debian Packaging Manual,
Chapter 12 there's:
"it scans the following files in this order.
1. debian/shlibs.local
2. /etc/dpkg/shlibs.override
3. /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.shlibs
4. /etc/dpkg/shlibs.default".

> A workaround (to suppress the warning message) is to do something like this
> in your makefile:
>
> 	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./debian/tmp/usr/lib/ dh_shlibdeps -a
>
> Not very pretty, of course. :)

But it works without this warning now. Thanks a lot.

--
Mariusz Przygodzki        |  Good judgement comes from experience.
dune@home.pl              |  Experience comes from bad judgement.