potato kernel .config file

Hi,

  I'm not sure if this the right venue for this question so please
tell me the correct one if it is not.

  Lets say I install Debian potato and now I want to tweak the kernel
just a bit so I pull the source of 2.2.17.  Now I'd like to start with
the .config file that Debian potato used when I installed it first.
How do I obtain this .config file?

  Rick

                                                                   _
                                                                  | |
                                                                  / /__
| Rick Bronson rick@viclink.com Tel 503-474-0572           |       (___)
| Amazonia Computing http://www.vicklink.com/~rick __ o    |_____  (___)
| 1981 NW Thomsen Lane   "Onde esta dinheiro?"    _`\<,    |     \_(___)
| McMinnville, OR 97128   -- Gal Costa         __( )/( )__ |