Re: dpkg-source produces invalid diffs

Hi,

after re-reading my mail I realized I didn't emphasize the biggest
problem: If the patch adds a new file that a new upstream version adds,
too.

An example:
The patch adds a manpage program.1 in the main directory of the source
archive. In the new upstream source, there's already a manpage program.1 .
patch version 2.5 gives you an error message, patch version 2.5.4 simply
concatenates the two manpages.

If this happens only with manpages or other documentation it's only
annoying - but if this happens with a script there may happen bad things.

cu,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi