Re: statoverride implemented

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 02:16:05PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Ben Collins wrote:
> > I thought you said the idea behind this was that the packages didn't need
> > to specify perms to the override? IOW, the package just contains what it
> > is supposed to, and the user provides overrides. That way, there is no
> > need for any package to run this command at all.
>
> Think of ssh asking if you want ssh to be setuid or not.

I can understand this, but you should probaly document that it is not a
replacement for suidmanager, but more of a tool that gets rid of the need
for it in the package's config scripts. We don't want people doing
s/suidmanager/dpkg-statoverride/ in the package scripts, they should
generally be able to remove it altogether :)

Ben