using dselect with 486/8mb

Dear readers,

I want to use dselect on a small system (486, 66 mhz, 8 mb) so I can use
the machine as a firewall/gateway etc. The problem is that dselect is very
very slow.. only reading the available packages database takes about half
an hour, when i want to sort the list it takes about 1 hour extra. I can't
work with that speed! Aren't there other faster front-ends, or is there a
smart option in dpkg that can help me?

much thanks in advance,

Martin

--
Linux Gebruikers Handleiding v1.2 : http://2mypage.cjb.net
Linux RedHat 6.1 Kernel 2.2.14  Toshiba P233 MHz, 32 Mb RAM