can't remove console-data

Hi folks,

I am running Debian for about two years without serious problems.
Especially the management of installed packets is pretty reliable.
Of course sometimes the installation of a package failed, and the
whole database was in a doubtfull state. But everytime there was
a way out.

But now it seems there is something corrupted. When I try to remove
console-data, then I get the following messages:

{root@bilbo:harri 103} dpkg -r console-data
(Reading database ... 32387 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing console-data ...
Use of uninitialized value at /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Client/ConfModule.pm line 96, <STDIN> chunk 12.
metaget failed in cleanup_old_items() at /var/lib/dpkg/info/console-data.config line 552, <STDIN> chunk 13.
dpkg: error processing console-data (--remove):
 subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 29
 console-data

On another PC with more or less the same configuration removing
console-data works as expected.

Do you have any idea how this can be repaired?

Many thanx

Harri
--
Harald Dunkel | harri@Synopsys.COM | If your operating system seems to
Synopsys GmbH | Kaiserstr. 100     | be made by Dr. Frankenstein, then