Re: Proposal: handle dpkg as a non-Debian package

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> May I suggest 1.a: give me write access to that cvs tree?

ok, you have write access now.  It's simply done through your account
name:
  $ sudo /usr/sbin/adduser wakkerma dpkgcvs

Set your CVSROOT to :ext:wakkerma@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/dpkg and set
CVS_RSH to ssh.  Are you familiar with cvs?

Do you have old versions of source dpkg around?  It would be great to
recreate as much of the history as possible.  The current situation is
that Ian is faced with *enormous* diffs which he can't wade through.

If you have old versions laying around, or better yet, you are using
your own CVS tree, I can help you merge them.

Guy