suggestion: move conffiles when removing packages

I agree that preserving configuration files by default when removing a
package is a wise design choice.  However, in my experience, it can
lead to a slightly messy /etc directory a bit too easily.  Perhaps when
removing a package, you could automatically move dead conffiles to their
own location, e.g. in a subdirectory of /var/lib/dpkg?  This would make
administration a bit easier for me.  Thanks for considering.