Glibc 2.1 and dpkg

Hi,

no it's not a bugreport, it's a bug that disappeared with glibc 2.1. :-)

I can't find the bug number but the problem was that dpkg-deb
core dumped when doing this (with locales enabled) :
$ dpkg -I filename_that_do_not_exist.deb

I can't reproduce this bug with glibc 2.1 :
~@k6$ dpkg -I file.deb
dpkg-deb: échec pour lire l'archive `file.deb': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
~@k6$ dpkg -l dpkg
[...]
ii  dpkg            1.4.1.1        Package maintenance system for Debian Linux

Maybe the other problems with the internationalization disappeared
too ? That would be great !

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/