Re: new source format

Previously Jules Bean wrote:
> We allow arbitrary scripts to be executed from debian/rules.  That's
> pretty dangerous, isn't it?  I could slip an rm -fr ~ into a debian/rules
> in a package I maintain.  Presumably, you trust me not to do that.

Yes, but someone who runs debian/rules *expects* that commands are run.
When I unpack a source I simply expect that the source is unpacked and
optionally patches are applied, nothing more. I would be really supplied
if unpacking the source would run arbitraty commands..

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl