Re: [ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk: Re: source packages]

From: Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk>

> I think it would be excellent.
>
> What version of dpkg are they currently based on ?  Eventually they'll
> have to be incorporated into my working tree.

They should be compatible with any version of dpkg, though they do
rely rather heavily on some of the dpkg-scriptlib modules.  I'm not
entirely satisfied with the format at this point, but the code is
certainly at a state where it's worth some public review and
commentary.

I'm just now winding up a big project at Apple (I hope to be able to
talk about it any day now).  I'll post some more thoughts about the
format and possibly some more code to this list later this week.