I18n deb package

Hello,

I wonder if deb files can handle i18n messages in
preinst,postinst,prerm,postrm.

I made chdesc which can change description of /var/lib/dpkg/available
to other languages. And we, Debian-JP start translating the
descriptions to Japanese. I will upload chdesc package soon.

But, this mechanism requires Packages information updating. So, We
cannot see the description of native language using .deb file.

Is there any ideas? I think .deb files is required i18n.

And, I want to know how to use cvs.debian.org.  I want to place
Desctiption files which use chdesc in cvs.debian.org, and many
translators can access these.

Thanks.

---
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.or.jp>