Re: CVS version

On Monday 15 February 1999, at 16 h 30, the keyboard of Wichert Akkerman
<wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> I have no idea actually. I'm guessing its available through
> cvs.debian.org as well (if not it should be imho). Can someone answer
> this?

There is a repository at ':ext:loginname@cvs.debian.org:/usr/var/cvs/dpkg' (I
assume it is the mythical official one) but:

ezili:~/Debian-CVS/dpkg> cvs co modules
Sorry, you don't have read/write access to the history file /usr/var/cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history
Permission denied

which is because history is writable only by the group dpkgcvs:

va:~> grep dpkgcvs /etc/group
dpkgcvs:x:1130:iwj,klee,mdorman,maor

CVS being what it is, I think this should be changed (I don't ask write access to the repository itself).