Re: CVS version

Previously Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> It is one of the most annoying things with dpkg: the bug list is useless,
> because it is too long.

I just set another 20 bugs or so to fixed, so it should at least be a
lot smaller now.

> There is probably nobody to proceed it and close and/or merge bugs. I
> don't think you can tell anyone that he should read this list, it is
> not a human task.

It is, if you have the time and the will I'm willing to bet you can
halve the buglist in a couple of hours.

> #define PROVOCATION 1
>
> When a young boy will raise to get Excalibur out of the stone and to
> set up an official CVS tree for dpkg, starting to kill ennemies and
> fix bugs, Merlin should erase completely the bug list and people
> should be invited to submit new ones.

There is an official CVS tree for dpkg now apparently, and Ian is
getting back to working on dpkg now. He said it may take quite a while
to sort through all the changes people made to the sourcetree (esp. the
building process).

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl