Re: CVS version

Previously Jules Bean wrote:
> I think we should seriously consider a more flexible and general (by which
> I mean relation) structure for dpkg's underlying databases.  I have a half
> proposal somewhere, maybe I'll dig it out..

Personally, I would be happy if dpkg became more modular and used
seperate libraries for the database and the packaging-related things.
And make a seperate tool to query the database, I don't see any specific
reason why a package-installation/removal/etc. tool should also be
used to do that.

Then again, I'm not doing any coding on dpkg so it's not my call :)

Wichert.

BTW: you seem to have a tab in your signature, which makes it look weird
here since I use a tabstop of 4. You might want to fix that.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl