Re: dpkg build problems on solaris

On Fri, Dec 10, 1999 at 09:00:58PM +0100, Nils Lohner wrote:

> -- debian/rules calls out SHELL = bash - this should be 'sh'

Probably needs to remove some bashisms first. Did you have any problems
using Solaris's stock sh?

> -- GNU cpio is needed by dpkg-source
>
> -- gnu tar is needed:
> dpkg-source: failure: tar -xkf - gave error exit status 1

Does Solaris come with cpio? If so maybe we can do a check for the proper
command line on both of these in configure.in. Maybe there is one common
way to make it work on both so there is no compile/runtime problems when
switching between the two.

> -- when installing, the po/ dir does not observe the DESTDIR prefix!
> ~/misc/debian/dpkg-downloaded/dpkg-1.6.3.mod > make
> DESTDIR=/u/lohner/misc/debian/bin install

Blame GNU gettext. The Makefile.in.in comes directly from the gettext
source and gets overwritten whenever you do gettextize I think.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '