Re: dpkg v2 ? I haven't heard about it, but ...

Have you seen swim by
Jonathan Rosenbaum <mttrader@access.mountain.net>
He is not a developer ( I don't know if he is in the queue)
One of the things it does is the equivalent of dpkg -S,
but fast (it builds a binary database).
He asked me to adopt it at one point, but I didn't want
to do it.  I don't know exactly how it fits in with
apt and dpkg, although I played with it a little.

--
John Lapeyre <lapeyre@physics.arizona.edu>,  lapeyre@debian.org