Re: CVS version

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr> writes:

> On Friday 12 February 1999, at 13 h 38, the keyboard of Wichert Akkerman
> <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
>
> > Did you check how many of those bugs are actually the same?
>
> It is one of the most annoying things with dpkg: the bug list is
> useless, because it is too long. There is probably nobody to proceed
> it and close and/or merge bugs. I don't think you can tell anyone
> that he should read this list, it is not a human task.

a) why do people whine about this all the time?  Whining isn't
   terribly productive.  Yes, it's a long bug list.  Telling everyone
   for the nnnth time doesn't help anyone or change anything.

b) have you actually tried to do anything with dpkg's buglist other
   than whine about it?  I have (I searched through it for bugs I
   could trivially fix in the NMU I did), and I can tell you it is
   *not* nearly as problematic as you and others make out.

--
James