Re: CVS version

On Tuesday 9 February 1999, at 21 h 11, the keyboard of Wichert Akkerman
<wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:

> I was wondering which dpkg version is currently in CVS? I am assuming
> it is 1.4.1 along with a couple of patches from Guy.

As an ordinary developer, in despair when looking at the bug list of dpkg, but clearly unable to fix them, I would like to say that I regret the lack of a clearly identifiable authoritative source for dpkg. It seems several people are working with disparate sources. Please, unify them and use CVS branches if you want to live seperately for a while (for instance when Ian Jackson says he would like to drop some patches and to restart from an old version, CVS is fine for that).

PS: any similar project for the Debian Bug Tracking System itself, which shows its efficiency by having a very long list of incredibly old bugs open? On this one, I think I can participate, unlike a very dreadful and mission-critical monster like dpkg.