Re: How to "add" contrib-CD so that dselect knows about it?

As I suggested before, dselect currently has a method 'install from a pile
of floppies' and the same should be implemented for CD's. This would allow
CD sets of varying sizes to be created.

Maybe nobody listens to me at all since last year. Try to remember that
Bruce has shown his true colors more than once since then. I have been
CC'ed some of his mail to devel and private, so I have a good idea of what
has transpired.

I really think this multiple CD problem makes the distro look like a pile
of shit to newbies. People like myself just navigate the packages with
midnight commander or in my case I also have a full local mirror for nfs
or ftp dselect methods.

I wish you guys could see that I am trying to help. I just wish that
someone would be responsible for this and speak up to let the users know
that the problem is being dealt with. I consider it a 'broken
distribution' until then. I still promote debian to technical users (ISP,
net administrators) because for many of them it is worth working around
the problems.

If nobody is working on this or even cares, please let me know immediately
so I can make plans to fix the problem in an independent, unauthorized
way.

Paul Wade