dpkg on other unix

Hello,

Debian user at home, I would like to install debian package manager on a
solaris system at work.
Would someone has a few advices about that?

- has a dpkg ever been built for other unix than Debian Linux ?
- does a special version specially tuned for Solaris exist ?

If not:
knowing that it would only manage binaries package (no source so no
build on target host)
- should I look at the dpkg sources ? (I'm actually going through the
docs)
- does some of you predicts to many troubles that would lead this
project to be 6 months project ?

Any advices will be warmly welcomed,
Loic.