Re: dpkg hooks (was Re: Upgrade report from "bo" to "hamm")

apharris@burrito.onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:

> I think I would probably agree too but I don't understand what you're
> proposing.  My goal was to basically de-duplicate multiple, time
> consuming runs to things that lots of packages do, like update-menus.
> Manoj, does your scheme address this?

If Manoj didn't mention it before, we want both.  We want per-package
after-package-configured hooks, and we want a global
after-all-packages-configured hook.

Things like bbdb and vm would use the former, and things like initex,
emacsen-common, menu, etc, would use the latter.