- To: Debian Dpkg list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: CVS
- From: Tom Lees <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:14:38 +0100
- Message-id: <19980430141438.A3588@lpsg>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from Klee Dienes on Wed, Apr 29, 1998 at 04:30:03AM -0400
- References: <Pine.LNX.3.96.980428203006.24534B-100000@Wakko.ualberta.ca> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 29, 1998 at 04:30:03AM -0400, Klee Dienes wrote:
> Jason Gunthorpe writes:
> > This is done, the group is dpkgcvs. I think the cvs man page describes how
> > to use ssh as an access method (If any of you need help configuring
> > ssh/ssh-agent for key based authentication let me know)
> $ echo $CVSROOT
> $ echo $CVS_RSH
> % cvs checkout dpkg
> Sorry, you don't have read/write access to the history file /cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history
> I'd assume the fix to this is 'chmod g+w /cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history',
> but given the long history of emnity CVS and I seem to have developed,
> if probably safer if I leave the fix for someone else to make.
Or 'rm /cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history' - its rarely VERY useful unless you hook
a custom script up to it.
PS Jason can you send me your patches to CVS via the bug-tracking system (file
a wishlist report against CVS)?
Tom Lees <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkey.txt.
New, PGP 5.0 key at http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org