Re: CVS

On Wed, Apr 29, 1998 at 04:30:03AM -0400, Klee Dienes wrote:

> Jason Gunthorpe writes:
> > This is done, the group is dpkgcvs. I think the cvs man page describes how
> > to use ssh as an access method (If any of you need help configuring
> > ssh/ssh-agent for key based authentication let me know)
>
> $ echo $CVSROOT
> klee@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/dpkg
>
> $ echo $CVS_RSH
> /usr/bin/ssh
>
> % cvs checkout dpkg
> [...]
> Sorry, you don't have read/write access to the history file /cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history
>
> I'd assume the fix to this is 'chmod g+w /cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history',
> but given the long history of emnity CVS and I seem to have developed,
> if probably safer if I leave the fix for someone else to make.

Or 'rm /cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/history' - its rarely VERY useful unless you hook
a custom script up to it.

PS Jason can you send me your patches to CVS via the bug-tracking system (file
a wishlist report against CVS)?

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkey.txt.