This list, and CVS, and stuff

I thought this list was dead, but I've just gone and looked at the
archives and it seems not to be.  I'm investigating my subscription to
it, and this message is in part a test.  Other things I want to say
are:

1. Juan: be careful what you do about that dependency calculation
problem.  I'd like to review any patch.  (The necessary change should
be around a dozen lines, at a guess.)  Although it has `Severity:
grave' it may be best not to consider it release-critical.

2. Controlling dpkg through a pipe: Yes, this should be done.  I don't
think anyone but I can safely make the required modifications, because
dpkg's internal data structures have different meanings for removal,
unpack or configure.

3. CVS: is there any documentation on what the Debian setup for this
is ?  Who has read access ?  Who has write access ?

4. Dependency semantics: It's clear to me that not everyone here
understands fully the intended semantics of dependencies.  I posted
about this some long time ago to debian-devel (I think).  I may be
able to dig this out.

5. I hope to get back to working on dpkg shortly after bo is in beta.
I have no easy way to get lots of data to my home workstation machine,
and don't want to risk screwing up chiark.  I also have a couple of
other projects on the go, but that's just me ...>?

Ian.