Re: Can we make use of Season of Docs by Google Inc

Hello,

On 22/03/22 06:06 PM, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
Hi abhijith,

Thanks for reaching out to debian-doc.  I agree Season of Docs migth be useful
for Debian.  I think one of the first things we should organize in the 3 days
left, is:

- Have community members willing to help recruit, evaluate, and onboard a
technical writer, and who would be available to answer questions and provide
other support during the project (6-8 months, including the application
period)?

Even though someone has to do this. Its not something that we need to do in 3 days.

- Have a community member willing to serve as the organization administrator
and coordinate creating the application, responding to questions from the
program administrators, and submitting monthly evaluations and the final
evaluation and case study? The organization administrator should also be
willing to answer followup surveys after the completion of the Season of Docs
program.

(as I've found on
https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/admin-guide .) Are you aware
of any volunteers for this?  Would you yourself be willing to do that work?

Sadly no. That is why I posted it on debian-doc list. And by this 'work', I assume you meant the application process and making progress report. That is also a *no* from me. Teams or the community member who use this oppurtunity need to do that as well.

--abhijith