info2www and/or encourage more html documentation

Hi,

I noticed info2www fell out of testing a while back, but has been
abandoned upstream and doesn't look maintained in Debian.

Do people think it's worth trying to keep it alive?

I was willing to salvage it and update the packaging to current
standards, though I'm not sure how well I could fix a security issue in
a perl cgi script if someone finds something still wrong in a 14 year
program.

I asked a bit on #debian-devel in irc and seemed like keeping an old
cgi script running is perhaps questionable, and that perhaps packages
that currently only ship info docs should also ship html documentation.

For what it's worth generating html documentation directly from the
texinfo source with texi2any --html does make nicer documentation than
is possible with info2www.

I thought it worth asking the doc team what you all thought.

Diane