Re: Used linux for 20 years but now so frustrating.

Hi,

Am 23. Oktober 2021 06:09:13 MESZ schrieb David <doccpu@cox.net>:
>Just installed deb 11. Its frustrating when functions dont work yet the help files say "just do this" blah blah. Yet it complains. Like shutdown. deb 11 says no such function yet the help files say it will work as it has for years. The fonts are huge. Even ubuntu used to use small fonts and spaces so you could do a lot on a screen. now one terminal window fills a 1024x768 screen with a huge font that you cant diminish via settings or any one I can find in the gui. firefox doesnt allow for easy way to go between full screen and smaller window mode and one page eats screen space. Argh linux gets prettier but more useless every year.

First of all: this is not the appropriate list for user support.
Next time, use debian-user@lists.debian.org
or see https://www.debian.org/support.

Regarding your problems: you didn't provide many details, but
maybe you are suffering from missing firmware.
We are seeing an increasing amount of cases, where missing
firmware files for devices sometimes leads to grave problems.
This is often the case for graphics cards, which may switch to
something like a "fallback mode", when firmware is missing (the
use of low VGA resolution could be an incarnation of that).

See https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/release-notes/ch-installing.de.html#inst-changes
and
https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/ch06s04#completing-installed-system
for infos how to fix that.