Re: http:// or https://. Does it matter?

It seems to be "http" by default (at least it's ony my newly installed
system). I've switched to https and everything still works.

"https" prevents someone from tempering with the users connection (e.g.
man in the middle attack). However as the packages are singed anyway so
https is "just" an additonal level of security. But why not use it if
it comes without addtional "costs"?

Regards
Bruno