Re: where could I point to documentation about packaging leaf packages when trying to get a new package into Debian ?

Hi Shirish  शिरीष

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 02:41:12PM +0530, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Do we have some documentation or a diagram which explains how
> packaging leaf packages makes it easier for a new biggish package to
> enter into Debian ?
>
> I tried quite a few times yesterday and even today to find not overly
> technical document which talks on this topic and failed.
>
> Could somebody point me to the right direction please ?

I guess you'd either have to find a document explaining what a dependency is
(and/or a build-time dependency), or, alternatively, tell which software
you're dealing with & explain what it exactly means for this specific
software.

I tried to find a introductory text explaining dependencies, but failed :(
I'm sure there is one online, somewhere.

HTH, Bye,

Joost