Re: Could somebody look at the discussion at merge 5

I also realized I forgot to upload the package.
(I hope my upload will be accepted)

On Thu, Sep 06, 2018 at 10:44:46PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:

<snipped>

> +++++ CONCLUSION +++++
>
> In light of above analysis, let me propose the following actions:
>
> 1.  Merge changes published as master in the forked repo:
>       https://salsa.debian.org/osamu/java-policy
>     into the master repo:
>       https://salsa.debian.org/java-team/java-policy
>
>     I just submitted write access to Debian Java Maintainers.  If I get
>     approved, I will push my forked repo contents to the master repo.
>     (If I get rejected, I will create a merge request, so someone with
>     write access can merge.)

I pushed them after getting write access :-)  So you all see the
updates now.

> 2.  I can convert FR and IT translation data to the updated PO file.  Of
>     course, there will be some fuzzy strings but there will not be any
>     outdated translation since my conversion uses po4a.  This is
>     relatively simple task for me.
>
> 3.  Check CRON script to make sure we have the latest data published.
>
> 4.  I guess we need to get involved by getting write access or sending
>     merge request to update FAQ.  Also, close
>      https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/java-faq
>     to avoid any future confusion.

I will work on these

>  <abstract>
> -Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Debian and Java
> -(Note: some information is not up-to-date). Any changes/corrections to this
> +Answers to Frequently Asked Questions on Debian and Java. Any changes/corrections to this
>  FAQ are appreciated. Please send them to the Debian Bug Tracking System as
>  described in <ref id="bugs">.

Include these ;-) But not urgent.

> -<P>Please note that this FAQ is still outdated but gets updated step by step.
> +<P>Please note that this FAQ might be, sometimes, outdated but it gets updated
> +step by step. Contributors (you included!) help improve the content
> +and keep it up-to-date.

Include these ;-) But not urgent.

> -<p> Please file bug reports against the java-common package if you find errors
> -or have suggestions on how to improve this document. However, make sure you
> -have read the latest online version of the english text available at <url
> -id="http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/index.html";> before
> +<p>Please file bug reports against the java-common package if you find errors
> +or have suggestions on how to improve this document. However, make sure first you
> +are reading the latest version. If you are reading a translator, look first
> +if the issue you have found does exist also in the original english version.
> +You can always find the latest verion online version of the english text available at <url
> +id="http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/";>. Please, check it before
>  filing a bug report. Translations, if available, and the offline version in
>  the java-common package might be out of date.

I realize CRON script seems to need adjustment ... I see:

  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/index.html    2013-06
  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/index.en.html 2014-05

Let's see new HTML will be published with the next CRON run.

These are old data since we don't erase old pages (we just overwrite them).

> +<p>You can also check if the issue you have found has already been reported. To
> +do this, please browse through the bugs you will find in
> +<url id="bugs.debian.org/java-common" name="java-common's list of reported bugs">.
> +
> +<p>Bugs on this FAQ, either for the english version or its translations, can
> +be filed using <url id="https://www.debian.org/Bugs/"; name="Debian's Bug Tracking
> +System">. Please report the bugs against the <package>java-common</package> package.
> +

I guess pointer to wiki page may be useful.

Osamu