Re: there is missing info. in debian releases .

Hi Shirish,

Le 04/09/2018 à 23:56, shirish शिरीष a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I have been looking at the Debian releases wiki page over the last
> several days and it seems lot of pages have the same missing content -
>
> An example to share could be https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJessie
>
> Just a cursory look tells me that the page can be improved in number of ways -
>
> a. It doesn't tell about the release name and version before Jessie
> came into being. If memory serves right, that was wheezy.
>
> b. It doesn't tell the distribution version release which superseded
> it . This I know is Stretch.
>
> c. Most importantly though, it doesn't tell what the lifecycle of a
> certain version is . That info. is available only in the LTS page
> https://wiki.debian.org/LTS
>
> Now while I don't know the how these wiki pages are made,  if the
> release page use a certain template then we should modify that
> template and also include the missing information at least till wheezy
> .
>
> I am open to git collaboration. Would be looking forward for any response.

For the points a and b, I think you are wrong: these infos are at the
bottom of the page under the title 'See also'
The first pages were based on DistributionReleaseTemplate (see for
exemple the header of the DebianSlink page in the wiki) but they are
made 'by hand'.
I think it's relatively easy to add missing information about LTS from
Squeeze onward.
I done it for Wheezy.
Regards,
Jean-Pierre Giraud