Re: Change upstream repo for weblate debian-reference

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 03:11:02PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hello Osamu and Debian Documentation Team
>
> El 11/03/18 a las 13:04, Osamu Aoki escribió:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am the upstream of debian-reference
> >  https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference
> >  https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-reference
> >  https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
> >
> > Someone set up weblate service previously pointing to alioth git repo.
> > As you know Debian is moving repository to salsa.debian.org.
> > debian-reference is no exception, here.
> >

> I've updated the URLs in the website repository:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/doc/user-manuals.defs?r1=1.25&r2=1.26&sortby=date
>
> Please correct me if I did it wrong.

Thanks (I should have done this since I have write access to webwml ;-)

> If there are more manuals already moved to Salsa, just tell.

That is on my agenda to do ;-)

By the way, we have a fundamental problem with www.debian.org

The contents of debian-reference are published to the www.debian.org
servers from the latest released packages by the cron script run on the
master www.debian.org server and they are mirrored to all the
www.debian.org servers.

https://anonscm.debian.org/git/debwww/cron.git (Maybe moving to salsa soon)
  parts/1ftpfiles
  parts/7doc

As the 1ftpfiles indicates, packages are gatherted from ftp package site
which is now non-sup[ported officially.  (Now we are supposed to use
http sites)

Since this requires significant coding, this code updates requires to be
done by someone with shell access to www.debian.org.

I know you were thinking to migrate www.debian.org building
infrastructure to git based system from the current CVS.  Did you also
looked into parts/1ftpfiles issues?

Osamu