Re: [Debian-Reference] Updating po translations of Debian Reference - correct work flow?

Hi:

    On my notebook, git pull the newest version,I use "make test
LANGPO=it" ,it can compile the it html success,no any errors display.

Can you try "make distclean",then "make test LANGPO=it" ?

BTW:
After the make wrap / make test commands,then commit *.po files,this action is no problem.

Faris Xiao
在 2017年09月22日 00:56, Beatrice Torracca 写道:
Hi all!

I have a doubt about the proper way to update the translations of the
Debian Reference.

I followed the instructions in the README.sources and used

"make wrap" and "make test" to test my translation (recently Osamu had
to fix a syntax mistake in my translation and I would prefer to avoid
giving work to others and check my translation myself)

It looks though like the "make test" action also updates the po
files. Every po file, but that is not a problem because I can commit
only the Italian one.

My doubt is that in this process I get lots of messages about unused
Entities. Messages like this one:

debian-reference.en.xml:17278: parser error : Entity 'freetype' not defined
                                           ^

and it looks to me like (almost) all messages related to entity
translations in the .po file become commented and unused.

I don't think this is what is supposed to happen.

I see there is also a "make entity" target. I am not sure that is
supposed to be used.

But mostly I am not sure what is the right .po file for me to
commit. The one before the make test action or the one I get
afterwards? I think that once the generation of the translation
documentation is carried out in the Debian server those entity
messages will turn out to be needed.

Right now I committed my last translation after the make wrap / make
test commands, but if I don't get any comment I will revert that
commit.

Thanks for any help or pointers,

beatrice
--