Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!

On 23 January 2017 at 08:49, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, 2017-01-23 at 08:45 +0100, Michael Stapelberg wrote:

> What would be the best way to trigger on mirror pushes?

I'm not sure about that, please ask #debian-mirrors
or failing that #debian-admin, and or the lists.

Basicly, you give SSH access to an upstream mirror in the account used for your tool (i.e. in our case 'manpages'). Instead of shell access, access from the mirror to that account triggers running a task, which, in our case, would run an archive update the archive.

I agree it is an interesting feature, but the previous service (CGI-based) just triggered content updates through a cronjob, which was executed once per month. I do not recall a complain from users mentioning it as "out of date".

Best regards

Javier