Re: manpages.debian.org has been modernized!

On mercoledì 18 gennaio 2017, at 18:23 +0100, Michael Stapelberg wrote:

Hi!

> https://manpages.debian.org has been modernized! We have just launched
> a major update to our manpage repository. What used to be served via a
> CGI script is now a statically generated website, and therefore
> blazingly fast.

I tried a couple of "random" pages and indeed it was very fast.

> Furthermore, the design of the site has been updated and now includes
> navigation panels that allow quick access to the manpage in other
> Debian versions, other binary packages, other sections and other
> languages. Speaking of languages, the site serves manpages in all
> their available languages and respects your browser’s language when
> redirecting or following a cross-reference.

I like it a lot. Indeed it showed me the Italian version, but it was
very easy to switch to the English one.

> We’d love to hear your feedback and thoughts. Either contact us via an
> issue on https://github.com/Debian/debiman/issues/, or send an email
> to the debian-doc mailing list (see
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/).

I am just writing to say thanks to all those who worked on this new
and improved manpages.debian.org. You did a very useful job.

Thanks,

beatrice