Re: debian-refcard

Holger Wansing wrote:
>>> +	(keyboard), <replaceable>locales</replaceable> (localisation).</para></glossdef>
>>                                                            ^
>> Is this package using en_GB or en_US?  Elsewhere it seemed to be
>> standardising on -izing...
>
> localisation is IMO a fix term here in Debian, l10n is also derived from it.
> Changing it into localizing would make l10n abbreviation invalid.
> That's IMO not adequate.

Sorry if this is confusing.
 1) "Localisation" is the en_GB spelling for which the equivalent in
	en_US is "localization".  There are a few cases where one
	spelling standard or the other has taken over completely
	("computer program", not "programme"; "compact disc", not
	"disk"); but this isn't one of them, so to know how to spell
	"localisation", we have to know what locale we're using!
 2) Nobody is suggesting replacing -ation words with -ing words.
 3) Abbreviations in the style of "i18n" started in the eighties at
	DEC (where a guy named Scherpenhuizen famously got an email
	address as "S12N"), so l10n originally stood for localiZation.

I'm still not sure what locale debian-refcard is meant to be using,
though.