Re: debian-www / debian-doc teams no longer responsive [Was: Re: Bad release in install documentation]

Hi,

Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-doc-20160307-1@mdcc.cx> wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 10:06:36AM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-doc-20160307-1@mdcc.cx> wrote:
> > 1.
> > I'm trying to get in contact with Osamu since some time, but I get
> > no response.
> > See https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2015/10/msg00114.html
> > and follow-ups for example
> > (hmm, Osamu moved from his parents home some time ago, ... )
>
> No action from debian-doc is required there, right?  (I am sorry, I can only
> help with debian-doc stuff.)

I'm sometimes unsure about the exact circumstances...

> > 2.
> > Several months ago I submitted #788361 against debian-faq, but nothing
> > happened yet. I have offered to work on that myself, but got no answer
> > from Javier.
> > See https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2016/02/msg00001.html
> > (ok, I know Javier is busy ATM).
>
> I believe you're involved in debian faq and other debian documents for quite a
> while now, yes?  Do you have SVN commit access on the debian faq repo?  (I
> believe you should.)

I have commit access! So I could do the job myself, and I already have
proposed to do so.
And I asked for a confirmation, if it's ok for to do that, and/or if some
additional action is wanted for this, like providing patches before committing
etc.
But I got no answer yet ...

> I recently started doing some work on debian faq; if Javier doesn't get to it
> soonish (he said he would), I'll deal with that one.  Thanks a lot for the
> patch, btw!
>
> > 3.
> > the problem with installation manual, Laura has worked on yesterday.
>
> She's subscribed to debian-doc, right?
>
> > 4.
> > there were some more small things, which came to my attention
> > (debian-refcard could benefit from an upload, open bugreports with
> > patches etc. )
>
> Have the patches been committed to VC?
>
> > There are several things, lasting to long IMO...
>
> The debian-doc project is not the only place in Debian with this problem.

Yes, I know! And I have volunteered to do something against this.

> You can help; actually, you're already doing it :)

Indeed. And I would like to do more, to make more progress, but that's
mostly not easy.

Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
	D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .