Updating pot (and po) files for debian-faq and debian project-history

Hi!

I noticed that on the repository the pot files for the Project history
manual is older than the .sgml source , and I think the same is true for
the debian-faq manual.

I wanted to update the Italian translations, but the only way I know how
to do that with po4a includes updating the .pot model files and all the
.po files for all the languages, thus making them (possibly) all
incomplete.

I am not sure I am allowed to do that and also I don't know if I should
just update the .pot and it.po file and leave the other languages
untouched... or if things are normally done in another way.

any help by those with more experience are really welcome.

Thanks,

beatrice