Re: Problems with building release-notes PDF for Russian

Dear all,

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015, Norbert Preining wrote:
> What works not perfectly but much better:
> * building the *Russian* release notes
> 	normal text works without any problem, but
> 	boldface fonts/headers are still broken

Ok, that is actually a problem with fontconfig now.

The problem is that texlive-fonts-recommended also provides
the URW35 fonts to fontconfig, and the TL font was selected
for the bold version, while the gsfonts for the normal version,
which created havoc in the headers (broken symbols).

I am uploading a set of TeX Live packages (the arch: all ones)
that *removes* these links for the URW++ fonts, so that
the gsfonts are selected by default.
Alternatively you can remove either all of
	/usr/share/fonts/type1/texlive-fonts-recommended/
or all the
	u*
files there in.

One also needs fixed binaries. I built them on my system in
the pre-stdc++ state (still too many packages are not
updated). So if your system is also in pre-stdc++-update state,
you can use the packages I built for amd64, or build them yourself.
	deb http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ sid/
	deb-src http://people.debian.org/~preining/TeX/ sid/

With this the problem should be gone at least in SID.

Concerning Jessie: Aoki-san, what do yo recommend? I would need to
push both a big binary updated of the dvipdfm* program through,
as well as upload a new package of texlive-fonts-recommended
that removes the u* links as above. Do you suggest pressing for that?

All the best

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13