Re: Problems with building release-notes PDF for Russian

Hi everyone

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Norbert Preining wrote:
> I will try later in a jessie system.

Ok, there *IS* a serious problem (why has nobody reported this before?)

The most simple test case:
	\documentclass{article}
	\usepackage{fontspec}
	\setmainfont{URW Palladio L}
	\begin{document}
	Hello World
	\end{document}
breaks.

It seems that using *PostScript Type1* fonts is broken.

I am going through the dvipdfmx changelog between jessie and now
and try do find the culprit. Then we need to target the point release.

Solution for now: Use *not* PostScript fonts, in particular opentype
fonts.

All the best

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13