Re: Migrate Release Notes to git? [was: Re: Jessie Release Progress and a stricter freeze policy]

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 23:12:04 +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:

> On 2014-11-25 22:33, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > Would it perhaps make sense to move the Release Notes in git or is it
> > too late for Jessie?
> >
> There are some scripts on the -doc side for automatically rebuilding the
> release notes regularly.  If they work with git and someone has time to
> do the migration, then I would not mind a migration one bit.
>
> That said, a git migration is not a priority for me at the moment.  I
> need the infrastructure working more than I win by having a "pure git"
> rather than git-svn repository. :)

If people want to use git, I'm trying to keep
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/jcristau/release-notes.git/ up to
date and I'm happy to take patches against that.  I don't think now's a
good time to rewrite all existing scripts that are based on svn.

Cheers,
Julien