Re: [DDP Project] Ask privileges to traduce documentation

On Lu, 03 mar 14, 20:20:03, Kilic Ali-Firat wrote:
> Hello !
>
> My name is Kilic Ali-Firat (Alioth login name : afk-guest), I'm a computer
> science student at Paris (University Paris 7 Denis Diderot).

Welcome :)

> For a course to the University, I need to contribute to a free software
> project. As a debian user, I want to traduce in french some documentations,
> especially the java-faq.

Do you mean this?
http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#java-faq

The svn log claims it hasn't seen any recent update, but the actual html
looks updated. As far as I can tell it's actually maintained in the
pkg-java SVN. CCing -java for input.

> But I read that I need privileges to do this and so I'm sending a request
> to you. I hope that will be approve because I really want to contribute to
> the Debian project.

You don't really need any privileges to translate, just get this file
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-java/trunk/java-common/debian-java-faq/debian-java-faq.sgml?view=co
and replace the English text with French.

Before that you should probably contact debian-l10n-french to let them
know you intend to work on this and to ask about the review process.
When you're done you can send the translation as a wishlist bug against
the java-common package.

Kind regards,
Andrei - translator for Romanian