Re: manpages.debian.net issues?

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 04:29:06AM -0500, Robert W. Oliver II wrote:
> Just to check, here - do I still need to go ahead and do a build of this
> locally for testing, or is this being addressed?

FWIW, I've setup a virtual server in the Debian Spanish mirror
(ftp.es.debian.og - 82.194.78.250). Right now the scripts are extracting all
manpages from the archive so that the CGI script can work.

You can (sort of) test it out by adding to your /etc/hosts this line:

82.194.78.250   manpages.debian.net

and then accessing http://manpages.debian.net/

You should get the CGI interface to answer you even though no queries can
still be made.

I'm not 100% sure that all the required redirections are working, but the
lighthttpd seems to be configured properly, and things like

http://manpages.debian.net/man/3pm/Font::TTF

should work fine  (once the manpages are all extracted from the archive).

Once I've the manpage extraction finished, I will test the server a little
bit more and try to change the DNS record to point to this IP address.

Regards

Javier