Online documentation from the latest package (was: Broken workflow)

Hi,

Le 01/11/2013 08:35, Osamu Aoki a écrit :
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 01:19:54PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:

>> Many online documents are already published from the latest Sid package
>> (policy, dev-ref, refcard, etc.) and I hope more would follow that trend
>> (I’m happy, as a webmaster, to handle the needed changes for the
>> packages we’d agree upon).
>
> In my previous experience, in order to communicate with some
> translators, it is good idea to have latest build result of the latest
> VCS contents somewherre.

The best place is their own machine, so they can actually make sure the
documentation still builds before they push their changes.

> (Also, if possible, I would like to move source to git repo.  This new
> scheme allow me to do so.)

Indeed, that’s already the case of the policy and the packaging-tutorial.

> Also, I would like to see the code doing this new scheme.  Where can I
> see the pertinent code for publishing installed sid package data to
> www-master?

It’s on cron.git (as you can see, it represents already a fair amount of
packages):

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debwww/cron.git;a=blob;f=parts/7doc

I don’t mind taking care of this script, but I wouldn’t refuse a patch
if you wish to propose one ;).

Regards

David