Re: Potential Documentation Issue with iptables

I have never contributed before. Here is what I did:

cd ~
mkdir ddp
cd ddp
svn checkout svn://anonscm.debian.org/ddp/

edit file at
ddp/manuals/trunk/securing-howto/en/services.sgml

svn diff > ~/fix-services.sgml.diff

I attached the result file.

I am not sure if that's the right process as I kind of guessed it all.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM, Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
[Assuming you are not subscribed, thus the CC]

On Vi, 30 aug 13, 09:53:12, Sergei G wrote:
> I followed instructions on Debian manual:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch-sec-services.en.html#s-firewall-pack
>
> Section: 5.14.3.2 Manual init.d configuration
>
> There is command listed to install /etc/init.d/myfirewall:
> #update-rc.d myfirewall start 40 S . stop 89 0 6 .
>
> The following messages are reported:
> update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
> insserv: warning: script 'myfirewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
>
> The fix for the issue requires alteration of the sample script. the script
> needs the following comments added:
>
> ### BEGIN INIT INFO
> # Provides:          myfirewall
> # Required-Start:    $all
> # Required-Stop:     $all
> # Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
> # Default-Stop:      0 1 6
> # Short-Description: Start iptables firewall
> ### END INIT INFO
>
> Command can be then changed to
> insserv myfirewall

Your suggestion looks sensible, could you create a patch?

Kind regards,
Andrei