Re: dpkg --set-selections ignores available packages never installed or removed by dpkg

Guillem Jover wrote:

> ... I'm attaching a small tentative patch, on the best place I could
> find, just in case.

I think it belongs in section "issues.dbk":

	Sometimes, changes introduced in a new release have side-effects
	we cannot reasonably avoid, [...]

Ideally it should be self-contained to help people working in a
setting without access to the Internet but with access to a Debian
mirror.  How about something like the following?

<section id="dpkg-set-selections">
  <para>
    The <command>dpkg --set-selections</command> command is now aware of the
    machine architecture of packages it selects and can only set the state
    for known packages. Therefore an up-to-date <filename>available</filename>
    database is needed for the command to be useful.
  </para>
  <para>
    To update the <filename>available</filename> database on an
    <systemitem role="package">apt</systemitem>-based system, run
    <command>sync-available</command> command from the
    <systemitem role="package">dctrl-tools</systemitem> package.
    See the <ulink url="&url-wiki;Teams/Dpkg/FAQ">dpkg FAQ</ulink>
    for more information.
  </para>
</section>