Re: Basic documentation style for better reading

Osamu Aoki wrote:
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 02:12:50AM +0200, Kostya Rybnikov wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to get started and read HTML docs and what I can say that it is
hard to read in it's current view.

Please be specific which one.  As I see:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/
These use

So I suggest to improve reading process
by adding small change on HTML generation: add style="max-width: 800px;
margin: 0pt auto;" inside body tag. That would make a huge difference.

Why 800px?  Cell phone may be narrower and my desktop is wider.

Did you notice that the suggestion said "max-width", not "width"?

Actually, max-width should probably be set relative to the font size
(in "em" or "ex" units), rather than relative to the pixel size.

What is the reference style guide which support your preference?

It's hard to read text when the lines are too long (when there are
two many characters per line).

Daniel