Re: Basic documentation style for better reading

So, by making max-width: 800px we save documentation reader's time from making browser smaller (browsers have a lot of tabs, and making browser smaller can harm other tabs usability).

I used firebug to change styles, yes, it's possible with user-styles or a lot of other technologies. I hope you won't ask users "if you want to get better documentation, please go and install that user style" :)

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Tapio Lehtonen <tale@taleman.fi> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 02:12:50AM +0200, Kostya Rybnikov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get started and read HTML docs and what I can say that it is
> hard to read in it's current view. So I suggest to improve reading process
> by adding small change on HTML generation: add style="max-width: 800px;
> margin: 0pt auto;" inside body tag. That would make a huge difference.
>
> Thank you.

Have you tried User Style Sheets? If I am not mistaken, also those
styles You prefer could be set in your own style sheet and thus show
Web pages the way you prefer.

I do not believe it would be wise to fix the width to any pixel
amount, devices have wide or narrow screens. I admit it is hard to
read very long lines, but then I just make the browser window
narrower.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi